I eagerly waited for church bells to ring at midnight, as I was worried that I will age a year in an instance. No, not really; that is what I thought when I was a kid anyway… but now, I do not believe in this crap anymore… Same with massive celebrations, when in reality, we get older everyday… and those who love us and care about us, should not wait for this day to appreciate us.
This year, I decided that I won’t bother with organising any birthday event or get-together. I decided I want to spend it with myself. In my own company; Take a drive, enjoy nature… whether it rains or shines. Maybe read a book and sip a glass of wine, then an easy afternoon with my cats.
It has been a busy and rather rough year, but I can’t say I didn’t have fun;
- I made some new decent friends
- I am trying to maintain friendships which are worthwhile. You know who you are!
- I finally made a dream come true, by watching AC/DC live
- I have also made it to Cardiff and finally saw all things Doctor Who.
- I kept in track with fixing the house, although there is still more to maintain and make my house a home…
- I am still writing on here, which is a good thing too. I find that writing things down help me deal with things better.
- I’ve drank countless bottles of wine, and laughed uncontrollably.
- I’ve survived another year with two lovely deviled cats
- I’ve managed to get rid of some people who only contact me when they need a favour or they are bored with their lives
- I’ve made plans to visit North Wales, and it will happen in a month’s time
- I have upgraded my phone to my beloved Samsung s6; fancy pants I know
- Although it is hard for me to finish off a book, this year I have managed to read quite a few. The problem is that it is difficult to find a book which keeps me intrigued
- I have realised my passion for photography is here to stay, and traveling is the key to my happiness and relaxation
- Explored more around the island thanks to my new SatNav
I have also learned a few lessons:
- I have learned to love myself and to respect myself, as I am in the end the only constant in my life
- It is my life, and i won’t let anyone make me feel that I am doing it wrong. My life, my choices… No one knows what’s best for me better than I do
- Don’t judge people, even if you were in their shoes
- Complaining and not acting on it gets you nowhere
- Don’t let anyone use you for their personal gain
Overall, I feel that I managed to confront most of the challenges thrown in my face with positivity and a dash of panic. I think I did well, but I hope that I keep growing into a strong achievement oriented person as years go by 🙂
Thank you to those of you who stood by me, and pissed me off to no end so that I strive to get better and better at what I do.
Enough now, see you soon!
27 28-year old X
Show some Love, share this: