This blog post is targeted to single people or perhaps people who were single for some months in the past.
How many of you have been bothered to no end with friends and family constantly asking you all these dead-end questions, and giving you useless tips?
- Are you still single?
As if, there is something wrong about being single…. Why the unneeded pressure?
- Are you seeing someone?
Don’t you think I would have told you if I’m seeing someone special?
- I wish Tinder existed when I was single…. So many opportunities to have fun and ‘mingle around’
What are you doing in your relationship, if you are not enjoying it?
- There’s many fish in the water
Yes, exactly. That’s why I am single… because there are so many great options out there.
- It will all happen when you least expect it
*whistles casually* Will it happen now? How about… now?
- I have heard of a good dating site that you should try out…
Why would you know about it? Are you considering leaving your partner?
- I know this great guy (or girl)… Shall I set you up?
If he is so great, what is wrong with him?
- I miss being single.
Really? GO HOME.
- Maybe technology is your greatest enemy… stop looking…
How am I supposed to use that dating site that you just suggested?
- You are not putting yourself out there enough
Yes, let me make my own tshirt ‘Single and Looking’ and write my phone number on public bathroom doors
- Maybe you are too picky. (Stop looking for a long hair dude who’s a geek.)
Yes, let me just pick a random guy off the street which I have nothing in common with and ask him out
- You are so unlucky, I’d dated you if I was single. You are so amazing.
Oh wow, thanks for letting me know now…
- Maybe you attract the wrong people
I thought you just said I’m amazing?
- You have all the time in the world. You are so young; the world is your oyster.
Yes, I will be young forever… and maybe forever alone too while I’m at it.
- All the good guys (or girls) are taken
Thank you for all your support. That makes me feel all better.