It has been quite some time since I have made a TV Series recommendation but in the past days I have come across two which are worth your time and consideration. Today, I shall talk about the much hyped new Netflix series “Stranger Things“.
It has been in my to-do or, to-watch list since it was released, but I knew, that since it was just an 8-episode run, I had to watch them in one sitting. This means, it was ideal for an afternoon during the weekend, which is what I did on Saturday afternoon.
With the fact that Netflix have already announced a season 2, this sounded promising; now more than ever.
Before I give you a brief about this astounding, fast paced AND exiting series, here goes the official trailer:
Back to the point now, here’s some fun facts to help you get started on this series:
- Winona Ryder is the main actress in this TV Series
- The story-line is based in the 80s, so expect that some great music throughout – I was singing along!
- The story is about a young boy’s disappearance in a very small town
- The series is spooky, adventurous and very pop-culture in its own way
- Supernatural vibe,which is THANKFULLY not over done
- Have I mentioned creepy monsters yet?
- Don’t worry about the fact that the cast is mostly children and teenagers – they have been very well selected.
- The season finale gives us some answers yet leaves us in awe of what is coming
- Eleven. What happened to the ten before?
- Will, will he be okay?
- Is Chief Hopper legit?
May I just say that the hype on this series was for once very well deserved?