Today, I decided to take a well known recipe and pimp it up to make it more tasty. It turned out divine and thought I will share it with you. Besides… I have not shared one of my recipes with you for a while 🙂
This can be served as either a main dish or as a starter…
Ingredients (for 2)
- 200g pasta of your choice
- olive oil
- garlic, crushed
- chili oil (optional)
- chilies, de-seeded and chopped thinly
- mushrooms, chopped
- fine herbs
- parsley, chopped thinly (optional)
- spring onions
- salt and pepper
- cheese (grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano, optional)
- Start with cooking the pasta of your choice according to the instructions on the packet. Make sure that you leave them al dente. Drizzle some olive oil and fine herbs.
- Reserve 3 tablespoons of the cooking liquid in a glass on the side.
- In a frying pan I melted the butter and sauteed the crushed garlic and soon after, added the mushrooms.
- Once golden and not yet browned, I’ve put in the thinly chopped chilies, and added chili oil for the extra hot spice.
- Add the reserved cooking liquid.
- I didn’t want the spring onions to be fully cooked which is why I added them at this point. I wanted the bits to remain crunchy-ish.
- Once ready, add the pasta and season with parsley, salt and pepper.
- Toss to make sure that the pasta is covered in the mixture and everything is combined.
- Serve immediately with grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano.