This is one of my comfort light on the stomach dishes I make from time to time. It is easy, tasty and gives you a feel good vibe. This is my method and I hope you like it 🙂
– 450 ml milk
– 150 g flour
– 3 eggs
– pinch of salt
– 1 table spoon sunflower oil
– bacon rashers
– shredded mozzarella and cheddar
– butter for frying
– Mix the milk, flour, salt and eggs together. (I usually do this in a jug, as it will be easy to pour the batter later)
– Add the tablespoon sunflower and mix again
– If the batter is too stiff, add a bit more milk until it is more like a smooth, thick paste.
– Heat the pan and add some butter. Personally, I prefer butter a my pancakes tend to stick less onto the pan.
– Put some batter in the pan, tilt it until the mixture moves around into thin (but not too thing), even layer.
– Leave to cook for a bit, until the pancakes turns golden brown underneath.
– Flip the pancake and repeat the same process. Make sure the pancake is lying flat (no folds), otherwise it might break.
– Before the next pancake, always put a bit of butter and wait until it’s melted.
– This recipe made 6 pancakes, of diameter 30cm, and not insanely thin.
– When the pancakes are ready, fry the bacon. I did not add any oil or butter in the pan this time.
– Place some of the bacon onto each pancake, then sprinkle with mozzarella and cheddar. Add pepper
– Fold the pancake the same way as you would make a wrap and place in a cooking dish.
– Put all the wraps there, and warm them up in the oven for around 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted. A microwave can be used for this, however pancakes taste much better when warmed up in the oven.
Serve them as is or chop them into smaller pieces as a snack or appetizer.